FLU Vaccines for 50-64
The Government have announced that all patients aged 50-64 are eligible for a flu vaccination, unfortunately the Government have not guided us on how these are going to be delivered. We are not currently commissioned to deliver these and when the flu vaccination orders went in last September this criteria were not accounted for so the stock we have is for our at risk patients only.
We will keep patients updated as and when we get further advice from the Government or NHS England.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Due to the Coronavirus our pharmacy opening times have altered to the following times:
Monday – Friday 8am-8.30pm
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you would like to book or cancel your appointment or order your repeat prescription online, please ask the receptionist for details, (more…)
We aim to provide high quality medical care, encourage good health and help you to make decisions about your own well-being.
Village Health Group
In the last week we have officially merged with East Leake Medical Group to become Village Health Group. Although we are in the middle of a pandemic, the merger had to go ahead for contractual reasons- but as patients you will not notice any differences to the services we provide other than those that have already happened due to coronavirus. Your GPs and nurses haven’t changed, and you don’t have to travel to Keyworth to see a health professional. In the coming months, we will be working behind the scenes to develop and improve the practice following the merger, and we’ll keep you updated of any changes as we go along.
Keyworth Medical Practice and East Leake Medical Group are planning to merge in April 2020
The demands on GP services are increasing and it’s getting to harder to do all the things that our patients and the NHS want. Larger practices are more able to meet these challenges because they can:
• Improve resilience by being able to share knowledge, work, staff, and training resources.
• Create efficiencies by doing things once for all practices sites, for example administrative work and inspections.
• Share staff, and create more opportunities for existing staff to develop their career and so offer more and better services to patients.
• Take advantage of opportunities to take on new work and contracts that aren’t possible for smaller businesses.
What does this mean for patients?
• In the short term you won’t notice many changes as we’ll be working on the administration side of merger
• We intend to be able to increase the range of services and access to clinical advice we can provide to our patients in the coming months and years as a result of merging
• You won’t have to travel to East Leake Medical Group practices to access appointments that you currently have at Keyworth
• You may have a choice to do this in future- for many people are already seeing GPs and nurses in the evenings at Keyworth and Wilford offered through the Rushcliffe Improving Access service.
What’s next and how do I have my say?
• We will be holding a public meeting on Wednesday 20th November from 6.45pm-8pm at the Village Hall in Keyworth. Address as follows: Village Hall, Elm Ave, Keyworth, Nottingham NG12 5AN.
• You can write to the practice or email us at [email protected]
• You can e-mail our Patient Participation Group at [email protected]
As a Rushcliffe patient you can now access routine appointments in the evenings and at weekends. These appointments are best suited for things that will not need ongoing review by your usual practice.
You can book through your surgery during opening hours for appointments between 6.30pm and 8pm in the evening on weekdays and between 8.30am and 12.30pm at weekends. If you request one of these appointments, which are outside of usual working hours you will be offered a slot with a Rushcliffe GP, Nurse or Healthcare Assistant at one of three locations across the borough.
The location will depend on the day of your appointment.
The additional evening and weekend appointments will be available at:
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL EXTENDED HOURS APPOINTMENTS ARE PREBOOKABLE ONLY BY CONTACTING YOUR OWN GP PRACTICE.
THERE IS NO WALK IN SERVICE OFFERED.