Complaints policy

We have a complaints procedure. If you would like a full copy of the procedure please ask at reception. Any complaint about the conduct of any of the Keyworth Medical Practice staff, should be made, preferably in writing to Dr Langridge & Partners, but a telephone call is acceptable. If you put it in writing you will receive a written reply. If you feel your problem is one that should not be dealt with by the practice you can write direct to:-  Complaints Manager , Birch House, Southwell Road West, Mansfield, Notts NG21 0HJ.

Information is also available on the Care Quality Commission Website (CQC)

Primary Care, Public Health, Military Health, & Offender Health Complaints send to NHS England

Any other complaints i.e secondary care, community provision, commissioning please send to Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS)

If you’re not happy with the care or treatment you’ve received or you’ve been refused treatment for a condition, you have the right to complain, have your complaint investigated, and be given a full and prompt reply.

The NHS Constitution explains your rights when it comes to making a complaint. You have the right to:

  • have your complaint dealt with efficiently, and be properly investigated
  • know the outcome of any investigation into your complaint
  • take your complaint to the independent Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman if you’re not satisfied with the way the NHS has dealt with your complaint
  • make a claim for judicial review if you think you’ve been directly affected by an unlawful act or decision of an NHS body
  • receive compensation if you’ve been harmed

Most issues can be resolved without you having to make a formal complaint. Try having an informal chat with your doctor or a member of staff first. A formal complaint takes time and minor issues are resolved quicker if you just speak to a person on sight. For example, if you have problems booking a GP appointment speak to the practice manager about it. If you are worried about something during your hospital outpatient appointment talk to one of the nurses or the clinic manager.

NHS England calls this informal process ‘local resolution’ and urges everyone to see if things can be solved there and then before they escalate to a real problem.
However, if despite everything this doesn’t solve your problem, or even if it does but you would still like to make a formal complaint, you should follow the NHS complaints procedure as described below.

The NHS complaints process

Stage one: Making a complaint

If you don’t feel like you can solve issues informally then you  should make a formal complaint to your service provider such as your GP, dentist, hospital or pharmacist. If you cannot make a complaint yourself, then you can ask someone else to do it for you.

Every NHS organisation has a complaints procedure. To find out about it, ask a member of staff, look on the hospital or trust’s website, or contact the complaints department for more information.